Zucchini Crust Shakshuka Breakfast Pizza
1.5 medium sized zucchini, grated (approx. 4 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup almond flour (or any other gluten free flour)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Jar Mina Harissa (or more depending on how saucy you like your pizza)
6 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 550F. The oven needs to be really hot for the crust and eggs and cook properly.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- In a mixing bowl add in grated zucchini. Use a tea towel to press excess water out of zucchini, you want it to be as dry as possible to avoid a soggy pizza crust.
- Add in egg, flour and garlic. Mix well.
- Form the zucchini “dough” into a pizza shape on the pizza pan using hands.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until the crust starts turning golden.
- Remove from oven, top pizza with shakshuka sauce, eggs, and feta cheese
- Place back in oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately
Zucchini Crust Recipe from Going Grainless