Baked Coconut Shrimp & Mango Jalapeño Sauce
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Eggs, beaten
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1 cup Mango, chopped
1/3 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
1 tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Jalapeño, diced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Line a baking with parchment paper, and place a wire rack inside the baking sheet
- Grease your wire rack with coconut oil (I didn’t do this the first time, and I had 1/2 coated shrimp because everything got stuck)
- Add the almond meal to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a second bowl
- Place the shredded unsweetened coconut in a third bowl
- Assembly line time. Line the bowls up in order: almond meal, egg whites, and coconut.
- Dredge each shrimp in almond meal, dip in eggs, and then coat in coconut
- Place on wire rack
- Repeat for all of your shrimp
- Bake for 10 minutes on each side
- Combine the mango, lime juice, jalapeño, and coconut milk in a blender, and blend until smooth
- Remove shrimp from oven and serve with mango sauce!
This recipe was adapted from Paleo Leap, and I’m beyond happy that I found it!