Grilled Bone In Pork Chops, With A Spinach And Grilled Fruit Salad
1 Quart Water
1/4 Cup Salt
1 Tbsp. Finely Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Whole Black Peppercorns
1 Tsp. Thyme
2 Bone-In Pork Chops
4 Cups Baby Spinach
2 Large Peaches or Pears
Pistachios or Hazelnuts, crushed
For The Pork Chops
- Get a lidded container large enough to hold your meat and fill with water.
- Dissolve the salt in the water.
- Add your lemon zest, garlic, black peppercorns, and thyme.
- Add your pork chops.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
For Indoor Grilling:
- Rub stovetop grill with olive oil
- Turn on heat to medium
- Once the grill is heated, place pork chops on grill
- Grill 4 minutes on first side, flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chop is 145°F
For Outdoor Grilling:
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling over medium heat (this technique is different for charcoal and gas grills, so do your research).
- Oil the grill grate.
- Place the pork chops on the grill over the direct-heat area, and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until grill marks form.
- Move the chops to the indirect-heat area and cover the grill.
- Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a chop, away from the bone, registers 145°F for medium rare (cook longer if desired).
- Remove from grill, and let rest for 10 minutes.
For The Grilled Fruit:
- Heat the grill to medium-high
- Brush fruit wedges with olive oil.
- Place one cut side on grill.
- Grill 2-3 minutes until grill lines form.
- Turn wedge to the other cut side. Grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill
- Place pork chops on platter.
- Put spinach in between pork chops.
- Place grilled fruit on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top of salad.
- Drizzle platter with balsamic vinegar.